Sunday, June 7, 2009

You Figure With Me


Published by the E. Rosen Company, in Providence Rhode Island sometime the early 1930's, this darling card is the Valentine plea of a hard workin' farmer boy. I love the way his cheeks pooch as he labors with that hoe. One might think he's about to burst into a happy whistle.
.
These cards are made of very thick cardboard, and have holes where a "pop" candy on a stick was thrust through--these "Valentine Pop" cards were quite popular around that time.

4 comments:

Margo said...

how cute! What's with those cheeks? hope you are having a great Sunday :)

Clytie said...

I'm not sure about those cheeks either. I also noticed his very muscular arms ... sort of like Popeye!

Marie Reed said...

I wonder what he would whistle? :) I wish that pops grew in my garden! I'm stuck with far to much zucchini!

Lois said...

I like his hat!