Friday, July 9, 2010

Collector Car Appreciation Day - Postcard Friendship Friday # 19


This year, the U.S. Senate  passed a resolution naming July 9 as the first Collector Car Appreciation Day.

SEMA  (Specialty Equipment Market Association) lobbyists were behind the effort, hoping for a grassroots groundswell to propel the day forward. SEMA will be listing Collector Car Appreciation Day events in cities and towns around the U.S, with the idea July 9 will take on the weight and importance of such holidays as Mother's Day and Thanksgiving.

Politicians have set aside July 9, to recognize "that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States."

Anita Lienert, Correspondent for Inside Line says, "Guess all you really need are a couple of classic cars, a parking lot and some lawn chairs to get this thing off the ground in your neighborhood."

Happy PFF!  Be sure to drop by Gemma's Weekend Mailbox for more fun with mail-related stuff. 


 

10 comments:

LiT Web Studio said...

wonderful card...love the pun! you auto head over to my blog too and check out the 1950s cars...happy PFF!

Snap said...

What a cool card! I had no idea there was a collector car appreciation day! Learn something new everyday! I have a conveyance of sorts on the blog today... !!!!!

Paul van Yperen said...

Again a wonderful card, Beth! But Collector Car Appreciation Day? I sure like classic cars, but here in Amsterdam, I prefer Car-free sundays. Happy PFF.

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday, Beth!

My the week has flown by. Now that summer has finally arrived, I have been living in the garden and not spending as much time on the deck of my keyboard. However, I was thinking of you while out taking my Nordic walk this morning! So, I thought I would stop by and say hello and wish you a most fantastic weekend! And do try to stay cool ... {{hugs}} P.

Mary said...

Collector car appreciation day? What lobby lobbied for that and why? I do confess I wish I still had my fire engine red 1965 Comet -that was an awesome car, and a classic even when I was driving it in the 70s/80s.

Lois said...

I love the illustration and the pun!

Blogaire said...

Happy PFF Beth. I have been missing for some time and did't realize PFF was still going. Couldn't find any posts from Marie?
I love old cars too so this sounds like a great idea!

Aimee Dars said...

These early postcards have the worst - and in being the worst, the most wonderful - puns!

Linda said...

Amusing punsters! Lovely graphic, too. Happy PFF!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A most unusual postcard! Love it!

Also, I was very interested in the new US special day for cars! Strangely, my Wheels Friday meme was posted yesterday - Friday July 9th! Wish I knew before the post! It would have been ideal to celebrate! But I've taken a note ready for next year!