Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fire in the Grate - Sunday Scans


This wonderful lineart was scanned from an book of children's poetry from the early 1900's.  I love the pen and inks to be found in this book--I've had the book since I was a child.  If you look at my drawing style, you can see how these long-gone artists have inspired my own artwork.

Have a lovely day!

Al's Photography Blog, by our good friend Al, hosts "Sunday Scans" each week.  Sunday Scans is a place for all things scanned.  So pick up your artwork, old photo albums, ephemera, postcards, ANYTHING which can be scanned and join in the fun!

3 comments:

Al said...

That's a cool illustration. I've been discovering old books lately on the Nook I recently bought - there's a treasure trove of free, out-of-copyright ebooks out there. And I can even check out books from my local library and load them onto it without leaving home!

Irene said...

Wonderful illustration. I can see how you are inspired.

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful painting :)