Friday, February 1, 2013

My Heart's Best Gift -Postcard Friendship Friday #153



I adore this artist's work.  The children are just beautiful.  They remind me of my own when they were small.

When I was a little girl, Dad would bring Mom, my sisters and I lovely heart boxes full of delicious Valentine's Day candies.  Back then, these heart boxes were delicately embossed, often embellished with flowers and real ribbon.  I have those beautiful boxes in my keepsakes up in the attic.  Though somewhat worse for wear, they are still filled with girlish treasures and lovely memories.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday! 

*  DON'T FORGET:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  NOTE: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards or the love of postcards, will be deleted.  Lately, I've had to delete quite a few comments which are just ads. 





6 comments:

Heather said...

That is a lovely card. I remember my father buying big fancy boxes of chocolates for my mother. shiny red with large flowers stuck to the top, those were the best boxes. I have a red velvet one with a gold ribbon that hubby gave me a few years ago. I still love it.

Clytie said...

I remember those beautiful hearts full of chocolates too. What precious memories!

Last year I found a heart box with sugar free candy. I bought it and gave it to Dad for Valentines Day. He teared up and confessed he'd never received a heart box himself until then. Wow. I'm so glad I found it!

Snap said...

Adorable card and I love the puppy! I remember decorating boxes to take to school and, hopefully, bring it home filled with wonderful Valentines from my school mates. Memories! Thanks for hosting and Happy PFF!

Irene said...

What lovely treasures,and a great card.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

How lovely that you still have such beautiful boxes!

Sreisaat said...

Beautiful card! I just love the adoring look of the dog. I have similar souvenir boxes from imported chocolates my father used to buy for us during his travels. Sadly, all of them are gone now because our house got damaged from the frequent typhoons that visit our province.

Postcards Crossing