Monday, February 18, 2013

President Lincoln


Abraham Lincoln is one of my hero's.  It is said my family has a "shirt tale" connection to his family.  I rather like that idea.  I've loved President Lincoln since I was a little girl.  He is one person I would have loved to know.  He was a deep thinker who knew his own wisdom was often inadequate for the job he had to do.

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me seemed insufficient for the day."  - Abraham Lincoln


2 comments:

dmarks said...

Honest Abe!

Sorry to be off topic, but I know you have a lot of postcard-collecting readers. I was wondering if anyone knew a good postcard shop in London. I've had no luck finding any in online research.

More on topic, I've found no evidence so far that Lincoln visited London. Nor any evidence that he killed vampires. despite a movie to the contrary.

Irene said...

I like Abe too. I'm delighted to hear that a President actually admitted that he was not sure what to do with a situation. Great card.