Friday, February 28, 2014

Going to a Fire -Postcard Friendship Friday #109


Yesterday we had a chimney fire.  I'm so grateful no one was hurt and that our home is still standing.  We are counting our blessings.  We were told by several firemen and a restoration expert that someone was watching over us.  Indeed, I believe in God who sends His angels to keep us from harm.  We are so grateful.

In light of our latest adventure, this wonderful postcard of firefighters from days gone by seemed most appropriate.

Have a beautiful weekend.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week! 

BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  THEMESYou don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.







6 comments:

Snap said...

Oh, goodness ... Beth! A fire in your chimney is not good. Glad to hear it stayed in the chimney. Your postcard was perfect for the occasion. Don't do that again! ;)

oxox

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I'm very happy to hear you're all right. I had a chimney fire once, long ago, and it was really frightening.

Clytie said...

What a perfect card for the, er, "occasion". I'm so glad the fire didn't spread too much ... although the clean-up is still overwhelming. Our prayers are with you, sissie!

Irene said...

I'm so pleased you are alright, love the card and it's most appropriate, although it would be nice if firefighters stayed for the clean up

Heather said...

oh my gosh, glad to hear that you are all safe. When I was young, my dad decided to burn the Christmas tree. he shoved the cut end into the fireplace and kept pushing as it burned, needles and all. For the duration, when we looked out the window we could see flaming bits of stuff floating down to the snow. bad thing to do.

Grace Bailhache said...

Thanks god, you're all fine Beth. It's too late for me to pay a visit to others PFF, but I really enjoyed as always to have a look on the previous cards I have missed, you always find new ones to share.

Take good care my dear !

Grace