Friday, March 13, 2015

Irish Storyteller -Postcard Friendship Friday #261


My Father loved the Irish and was proud of his own Irish heritage.  He was a natural born storyteller, as is my precious Mumsie.  I remember warm feelings from the days when my siblings and I were small and we would gather around to listen to Daddy spin a tail.  Those are endearing, precious memories which spread comfort through the soul.

Coming from a family of storytellers, I married one.  To his last day, my Beloved lived and breathed drama and storytelling.  I adored his stories.  I didn't realize how much I've missed them until a few weeks ago, when after a rehearsal, a group of us sat around for a little over three hours, laughing and telling stories.  I haven't laughed that hard for a very long time.

We must never forget the importance of stories.  Tell a story today--you never know how precious that story time will be to someone later on.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday! 

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard,be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them.

 *  REMINDER:  and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.







No comments: