Friday, September 25, 2015

The Fairy Prince -Postcard Friendship Friday #281

Here is a wonderful find from my attic! Years ago, I fell in love with the rich colors and whimsical overtones of this postcard. I bought it and put it in a pretty box with a collection of old postcards--all tied together with a fragile blue ribbon.

The original painting is called "Sagoprinsen," or in English, "Fairy Prince." The artist John Bauer became best known for his pictures of fairy tales. He found inspiration for his "trolls" from the scenery around his native home.

The postcard was printed in Sweden in 1976.

Have a lovely weekend and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them. 

*  REMINDER:  and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.








14 comments:

Lois said...

What a cute little troll!

Chandy said...

Wow, wow! I'd love to get that card. I love fairy tales...

Happy May!

Müge Tekil said...

Very beautiful indeed!

Clytie said...

Very handsome fairy prince ... yeah RIGHT it was the colors and overtones of the piece that you fell in love with! Tee hee.

Daryl said...

I love the whimsy of it too

Deann said...

Oh, oh, oh, I absolutly adore it!!!!!

And forsooth, thank you for hurling the gauntlet back in my face...I knew I could count on you for some great art and good fun! Have a wonderful May Day!!!

Margo said...

I always knew there were real trolls in Sweden. Don't you just know he saw them? That that's what he means by inspiration from scenery around his home?

Anonymous said...

Your blog's so cool!I have a top stocks blog!. Welcome to visit!

Mandala Michelle said...

I'm beginning to wish I had an attic. What cool stuff you find!

Aimee said...

I love it and its fairy tale look!

Pearl said...

I Adore Attics 'n all
the Awesome Treasures
that lay hiding...
waiting to be discovered!
This is such a Beautiful
'n Magical card...
I know this is "wrong",
but I want to give that
Troll a "mani"...
~chuckles~Hope you're having
a Happy May Day!

~blessings~
Pearl

Robin said...

A lovely postcard.....I hope to see more postcards from that bundle tied in blue ribbon.

Happy May Day.....hope your day has been beautiful.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Oh what a wonderful card! I love that style, very suited to fairy tales.

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Beth,

Sorry, I am a week behind. Last Saturday, we had a double birthday party and family from the US was staying at our home. A great week, but no time to write. Today we travel to Italy for the silent film festival in Pordenone. Next friday, I'll do a PFF post from there and from then on I'm gonna make special PFF posts. I have a nice idea. You'll see.

Thanks for posting this wonderful Swedish card. I am a fan of Astrid Lindgren and read many of her books and loved the children series on TV about Pipi Longstockings, Emil etc. Funny and so imagainative. And those wonderful Scandinavian books and illustrations of Tove Janson, Carl Larsson, Sven Nordqvist, etc. Great! Have a good week and a perfect postcard friday, dear friend!

Paul