Friday, October 9, 2015

Fairies Dancing -Postcard Friendship Friday #283

I've always loved this postcard, so I'm re-posting it!  I have been incredibly busy this week--In fact, I've been gone for most of it.  This summer I've been away more than I've been home. I'm so grateful for my trustworthy house sitters!  So much to do and so little time.

I bought this postcard when I was a teenager.  I found it in the attic where I'd kept it safe in a keepsake box.  The delicate colors and whimsical nature of this drawing have always delighted my heart.

As Fall commences, I find myself yearning for Spring and Summer.  There is a long and dark winter ahead without my Beloved.

Years ago, Alan and I went for a walk through a forested park in the center of town.  Behind a big fir tree he "found" a basket.  He gave it to me and said we were going to look for treasure.  (grin)  What I didn't know, until years later, was that my sister and Alan's roommate had placed it there and were hiding behind a tree!

We found all sorts of treasures, even a real lightning bug--the first and only one I've ever seen in the Pacific Northwest.  It was getting dark beneath the trees, when he stopped to kiss me.

Then he broke a long cylinder, which glowed green.  "Close your eyes," he said with a grin.  I did...when I opened them, a castle glowed out of the dark, complete with windows and parapets. 

A closer look at the castle revealed a small golden box with my name on the lid.  Inside I found an opal necklace.  It was a beautiful, sweet moment I will never forget.  

Such a thoughtful, loving man. The castle was in reality a craggy old stump--but in my heart and memory it was a faery castle, brought to life by a man who clearly loved me.  I still have that little golden box with my name engraved on the top. 

Have a great weekend, dear Friends.  May God bless you with wonderful moments with the ones you love.  Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.





7 comments:

Clytie said...

Beautiful. I adore it!

Lois said...

I love the way the little birds have joined in the dance with the fairies!

JANN said...

so sweet and cute, I agree with the others
this is lovely

Chris Overstreet said...

Am I the only one who sees that the birds are leading the faeries into a trap? From the bird point of view, I'm sure that these little winged creatures look juicy and delicious. ;)

Deann said...

Oooh I love this Sis it is so fanciful, do somethings just make you feel like a child again this does it for me.

Lois said...

Sweet memories Beth. I know the day is drawing near marking the first anniversary of the day you lost your beloved Alan. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you dear one.

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Beth,

I was too late for the Linky, sorry. Last week, I was having the flu in Italy, not a fine combination.

Just started a special new series 'EFSP Dazzling Dozen', especially for Postcard Friendship Friday! I'll link in tomorrow and am sure you'll like it.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Paul