Friday, November 20, 2015

Thanksgiving Day -Postcard Friendship Friday #288


Three years ago November 17th, Daddy flew away to heaven.  This is a poignant week for our family.  Yet, with all the sorrow we have had over the past few years--there is much for which to be thankful.

I was blessed with a Daddy who loved me.  He taught me about God--because of my Dad, I understood how God the Father loved me.  I remember the way his eyes would crinkle when he would smile--love would just beam from his eyes.  Dad was kind and brave and SO much fun.

I am thankful for the memories of my Beloved husband.  Ah, I miss his laughter, humor and the way he loved me and my kids.  I am incredibly grateful for my children--they gift my life with light and hope.  I have a wonderful Mom--Mumsie is one of my best Friends--what would I do without her wisdom and tenderness in my life?

I am deeply blessed to have brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews--and friends who are family.

I am grateful for God's tender loving care.  For the world He created--all the beauty I see around me.  I am grateful God sent His Son, the Shepherd Who Loves me...so that I will be able to see my Daddy, Brother and Beloved again someday.  And so many others who have gathered in Heaven over the past 15 years.

Through the tears, there is a kind of inexplicable joy.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday, dear Friends.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.





2 comments:

Paul van Yperen said...

Dear Beth, Thanks for your beautiful post.

My eldest son is having his 23rd birthday this Sunday. As a present we're taking him and his girldfriend for a night out: dinner and cinema. We'll go to see the newest James Bond, Spectre. It a tradition since he was boy. Therefore a post for PFF on all the spy films that were produced in Europe after 007 was introduced. Greetings from Amsterdam, Paul

Irene said...

Wonderful words. Beautiful card. We are so fortunate to have the love in our lives.