Friday, December 30, 2016

As Days Unfold -Postcard Friendship Friday #339


Here is a postcard sent to me in the 1990's.  It came adorned with this sweet note from our beloved Grandma Jenny.  I miss her so much.  Milly was Grandpa's half sister and he loved her dearly.  Her things were treasured--so to have something of hers is especially precious.

The poem on the card is printed on a delicate silken patch.  The flowers are embossed.  I think it is a lot older than Grammie thought, even then--from my research this postcard is more than  likely over 100 years old.

A Happy New Year to each and every one of you dear ones and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday.


LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week! 

  * BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!
*THEMES:  You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday.  Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them!
 

A REMINDER:  Links which do not have to do with Postcard Friendship  Friday will be removedLinks which advertise various products will share that same fateAny and all suspicious links will be reported to Blogspot then deleted.






1 comment:

Irene said...

It is a wonderful card, and how special that it's from someone so special. Happy New Year to you dear friend. I have a few cards that are that old, and now thinking who could I give them to that would cherish them as much as I do.